Who are we ?
Created in 1987 in Belgium, Omega Pharma is a pharmaceutical group with approximately 2,000 employees in over 30 countries and an annual turnover in 2007 of EUR 789 million.
Omega Pharma holds the 7th place on the OTC European market and the 11th in the world.
Omega Pharma has a unique positioning which is based on:
- a 100% focus on OTC
- Push-pull marketing
- a strong position in specific market segments
- The passion for innovation.
Omega Pharma aims for a sustainable and profitable growth.
Therefore the company implements a strategy that is based on the following pillars:
- Continuous innovation
- Geographic expansion
Omega Pharma also continues to optimize its product and build strong brands.
As a consequence of the numerous acquisitions in recent years, Omega Pharma holds a large number of brands in its portfolio. In order to set the right priorities, the Group developed a portfolio strategy in 2002 which is further optimized year after year. The brands of Omega Pharma can be divided into three categories:
- Star Brands. Star Brands are being marketed in almost all countries where the group has operations, and have a top position withing their respective segments.
- Key Brands: On the one hand, Key Brands are brands with a national origin that are now also marketed in a number of other countries as a result of the cross-selling strategy. On the other hand, this category also includes "local pearls", whose impressive sales figure in their country of origin justifies them to be named Key Brand.
- Other brands: brands that do not meet the criteria for neither Star Brand nor Key Brand .
More information : www.omega-pharma.be